Friday, October 16, 2009

30 weeks....

Overall, things are going pretty good so far. I am definitely getting bigger and so is Greylin. We had an ultrasound yesterday and everything looks great. Greylin is 3lbs, 3oz now!! The only mishap so far.... I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes last week. What does this mean?? Well, in pregnancy hormones can cause your body to develop diabetes. The good news is that as soon as the pregnancy is over, it will be cured. My chances of developing diabetes later in life significantly increases now that I have developed it during pregnancy, but nothing is guaranteed as long as I continue to live a healthy life style. My screening test for diabetes was very elevated and I was supposed to be put on insulin injections 3 times a day, but for now my special diabetic diet has been enough to conrol my blood sugars. So pray for me that I will continue to be able to continue without insulin. What does this mean for Greylin?? Well...if it is under control, the greatest risk is a big baby. However, more severe types of diabetes can cause birth defects and still borns. So, they will be monitoring Greylin and I closely. But....no worries......so far so good.

1 comment:

chelsea said...

yay!! lot's of prayers coming your way :) Have fun tomorrow!